Things on the house are changing nearly daily, so I keep putting off posting anything. Which is silly, because now I have a huge backlog of things to put up! I’m trying to document what I’m doing with the build both for myself and for anyone out there who is crazy enough to attempt to do what I’m doing (only hopefully in a less janky manner..).
I *plan* on posting each project up separately, but here’s a quick and not-at-all complete update on where things are at:
- Windows installed (and don’t leak!)
- Metal roof caulked and then removed completely when I realized I have a leak….
- Wet ceiling portion and insulation have been taken down, dried out, and are re-installed. I once again have to say that going to the extra work and expense of using wool insulation is totally worth it. That stuff is pretty much indestructible
- Leak has been located, exposed, and the area is almost completely dry
- New roof sheathing is primed and ready to be installed, tomorrow I hope. It will go on top of the original, absolutely fine except for lots of screw holes from the metal panels. This will make it even stronger for when I can afford some solar
- A second gallon of liquid rubber roofing is on it’s way. I didn’t realize I didn’t have enough :p
- The interior walls are all up, primed, and starting to get paint on them finally
- The ceiling is almost finished with it’s multiple coats of paint as I bought a cheap brand. I’m cool with that since a gallon is a lot for such a small space
- The exterior of the house is nearly finished, and I think it will look pretty cool 😀
- The interior design in sorted out and I’m looking forward to putting it together!
So that’s a bit of what’s been happening here. Thanks for sticking with me through the long silences. Not many of you comment (which you should, if you have any questions or thoughts on this whole thing) but I know you look at the posts.
A thank you! for my gaming buddy who donated to help me get new roof sheathing when he heard about the leak. You’ve been great support, and I appreciate it very much.
Tired, going to play a game, listen to some Leonard Cohen, and pass out. Take care! o/