Since I last posted. But, well, the Beast has been in the shop all this time, so except for a little painting on the windows and door trim, I haven’t been able to do anything. It was frustrating! But I got it back a couple days ago with a clean bill of health and at the low low cost of $88. The shop didn’t charge me any labor! They checked out the whole truck, and said it was in amazingly great shape. 🙂 The fuel tank got emptied and a pump related to it was replaced, they replaced the broken hood hinge, made the “check engine temp” light go off, replaced the vacuum belt that makes the brakes work properly, and looked at EVERYTHING. I’m so happy! I’m so relieved!
The first thing I did (besides go do some much-needed grocery shopping) was to give the door a few more coats of paint. I want to completely finish that before putting on the doorknob. As I know now the door is working properly even after several weather changes, I felt confident enough to seal it with Reflectix tape before stuffing the gaps with more wool, in preparation for putting up the exterior door trim. By the end of day tomorrow, hopefully the door will be completely finished. It feels like a huge step forward. I sat in the doorway this evening, looking up at the old, beat-up but freshly painted door and frame and just…felt good about things.