I made up my mind yesterday that today would be “flashing day”, no matter what. I hoped for only a little rain, but wasn’t holding my breath, given the weather report of rain for the next ten days. Imagine my happy surprise when I woke up to sun!
It did rain (of course) last night, so even waiting until 10:30 left me with some wet areas to work with. Still, most were dry. I used this adhesive which seemed to be perfect for working in such damp conditions, and only needs a minimal amount of time to start setting up…plus has great reviews. I gooped it on to the back of the well-cleaned old flashing, and also in the corners where the siding comes together, then nailed it up…easy-peasy. After it was all up, the dry weather continued for 3 1/2 more hours. According to reviews I’d read, other users had luck with as little as 2 hours of drying time.
The nails don’t look great, but I plan on painting the flashing so they shouldn’t show up after that. I think that it looks pretty good, better in reality than it looks in these pictures, oddly enough! Yay!